[Bf-committers] Propose to reduce default feature set (*nix dev builds)

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Thu Nov 13 16:10:09 CET 2014

I don't see the problem here.

As outlined, a full version can still be build easily and as the
buildbot continues to build the full feature set, there is no risk that
things fall apart. If there is a bug in, let's say OSL building, the
buildbot will fail and we will notice it.

It should not matter if you have to type in "make" or "make-light" or
"make-full" or whatever. Of course the default behavior ("make") should
be documented well in the wiki, so people see what to expect. Apart from
that, this is really not a big deal.