[Bf-committers] SDL library upgrade

Martijn Berger martijn.berger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:39:10 CET 2014

Hi,

In general I do not think we should be to dogmatic in terms of library
versions across platforms. Run-time loading is however a cool solution and
I guess it fits really well for SDL.
Blender has been ready for this for some time thanks to Campbell but I am
unsure if we are actively using the improvements SDL2 brings like joystick
hot-plugging etc.

Quick questions:
What is the state of the wrangler ?

Other then that it seems a very doable and worthwhile goal (for the next
release ?)

Martijn