[Bf-committers] Network Render for Cycles

Aditia A. Pratama aditia.ap at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 08:06:12 CET 2014

Hi Shaun,

The last time I tried network render, the main problem is reading
linking file. If I'm not wrong, the current net render pack all
blendfile and then send it from client to master and then to slavefor
rendering.

Brender [1] is one of many render management solution that very nice
with projects linking. As for netrender, it wouldbe great if it can do
distribute rendering for cycles. Greg Zaal has made an add-on [2] that
IMO really great for distribute rendering.

[1] https://github.com/fsiddi/brender
[2]
http://adaptivesamples.com/2013/07/22/progressive-animation-render-addon-and-image-stacking/

On 11/11/14 13:43, Shaun Miller wrote:
> Hi, my name is Shaun Miller and I have been working with Blender and Cycles
> for a while now...and it's really awesome.  I would like to help out, in
> particular with Network Rendering.  There is an addon by Marin Poirier that
> is listed as 'Stable but still work in progress'.  I am a systems
> administrator and developer, and feel that I could help improve on Network
> Render functionality.
>
> Could anyone point me in the direction on how to proceed to help improve
> the Network Render addon?  Thanks for your help!
>
> --Shaun Miller

Aditia A. Pratama / Technical Director
+6281 347 478 111 / aditia at kampoongmonster.com
<mailto:aditia at kampoongmonster.com>

Kampoong Monster Studios <http://kampoongmonster.com>
Jl. Setia No. 15 RT.08 RW.08 Pasteur Sukajadi 40161 Bandung

*Get Connected ! *

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/KampoongMonster> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/aditia_ap> | Youtube
<http://youtube.com/user/kampoongmonster> | Linkedin