[Bf-committers] Texture Painting Workflow issues

Vlad Mafteiu Scai mafteiuscaivlad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 20:26:59 CET 2014

Hi,

So while trying to use it I encountered several usability issues.

1. If I have a texture paint slot in the slots tab and from the node editor
I choose use nodes, instead of getting a node with my image attached, I get
a checker node and my texture image is completely removed from blender
references. Also using nodes also removes the respective paint slot in the
slots tab.

2. If I do the first point and without saving I close blender, when I open
it again the use nodes is still selected and my normal texture is still
gone. It seems blender saves the states even if I didn't save the file.
Why? Is this a feature or a bug?

3. No way to remove materials or texture from that dropdown list. This is a
big issue and seriously annoying. The delete function has been from the
80's I think or earlier :)

4. That add stencil image directly from the toolbar( seen someone made a
script or something a little while ago) would be very useful.

I am using Octane version but normal version has same issue.

Please advice.

Thank you,

Vlad Mafteiu Scai

Mobile: +45-5333-30-67

*Mobile UI Designer, Visualization Artist*
Email: mafteiuscaivlad at gmail.com

Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/motionseadesigns

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.