[Bf-committers] Fwd: Vendor Approval Issue

Martijn Berger martijn.berger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:31:27 CET 2014

Hi all,

Technically this is not a challenge. The main difficulty is getting our
hands on a key that we can use to sign in a way that is trusted by default.
This usually costs a few hundred euro's a year for a cert. There seems to
be a free way to get this done ->
https://www.certum.eu/certum/cert,offer_en_open_source_cs.xml as a
possibility.
I will look into this but really would like feedback from people who have
already done this or know of open source projects that currently do sign
their installer and exe's

Martijn