[Bf-committers] Option to Pin an Object's Tools Panel

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu Nov 6 00:26:22 CET 2014

Hi,
mafteiuscaivlad at gmail.com (2014-11-05 at 2234.28 +0100):
> > When an object is added, it comes with its related options for tweaking as
> > seen in the Tools panel. Upon doing anything else to the object, like
> > scaling or rotating, those options vanish.
> >
> > Is there a way to bring that particular options back? For instance, if I
> > set the Rings on the UV Sphere to be 10, but I later want it to be 20, can
> > I bring back that panel again without having to create a new Sphere again
> > to access those settings?
>
> The way some other 3D apps solve this is by making the object parametric so
> you can change settings at any point for it. However if you want any edits
> done to it(like in edit mode) you lose those options. Blender only has this
> state I guess the first time you add the item.

The other way around, those apps are parametric from the ground up and
so they give you the controls all the time. Blender just puts the
creation settings as those do, but is just a cosmetic detail (before
it was popup, now it is mouse travel) because it was not and so far is
not parametric. At least the settings could appear again in case of
undo/redo, but doesn't seem to be the case with a simple cube, it just
shows "Operator".

GSR