[Bf-committers] Two issues with VS2013

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:59:01 CET 2014

Hi,

Your patch seems fine and it's in Git now.

As for compilation error in debug mode -- this is up to platform
maintainers. More concenrs about libraries on windows:

- It's weird we've got debug collada for 64bit windows but not for 32bit
- And it's not even an issue of collada, OpenEXR and OSL debug libraries
are not i svn as well and CMake tries to sue them still, which is just
stupid.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM, "Sybren A. Stüvel" <sybren at stuvel.eu> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I know a few Blender devs via the Blender conferences, but since
> unfortunately not everybody is able to go there, let me introduce myself.
> My name is Sybren (also on IRC), and I'm a PhD student at Utrecht
> University; my subject is crowd animation.  If you want to know more, check
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sybren. In short, I've used
> Blender for a long time, and I'd like to become a Blender developer.
>
> Due to work requirements I'm currently building Blender using Visual
> Studio 2013 on Windows 7. So I've found two issues with Blender & VS2013:
>
> The first issue: With the latest checkout from Git (
> 3361be9b6b00ff26977eef4f52172be65ec32032) VS2013 complains that
> extern/clew/include/clew.h redefines __SSE__ while it's also defined on the
> compiler CLI arguments. The attached patch fixes it, and doesn't seem to
> have any negative side-effects.
>
> The second issue: I can't successfully create a Debug build. I use CMake
> to generate the solution:
>
> cmake \
>     -Wdev \
>     $TOPDIR/blender \
>     -G "Visual Studio 12" \
>     -DCMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES="Debug;Release;RelWithDebInfo" \
>     -DCUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR='"C:/Program Files/NVIDIA GPU Computing
> Toolkit/CUDA/v6.5"' \
>     -DWITH_CYCLES=ON \
>     -DWITH_CYCLES_CUDA_BINARIES=ON \
>     -DCYCLES_CUDA_BINARIES_ARCH:STRING="sm_50;sm_52"
>
> Performing a debug build fails with:
>
> 12>------ Build started: Project: blender, Configuration: Debug Win32
> ------
> 12>  buildinfo.c
> 12>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'E:\ssd-workspace\blender-git\blender\..\lib\windows_vc12\
> opencollada\lib\opencollada\OpenCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader_d.lib'
>
> The full build log is at http://www.pasteall.org/54956
>
> Hopefully someone can help me with this.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Sybren A. Stüvel
>
> http://stuvelfoto.nl/