[Bf-committers] The patch D765 is important for us

裴雪柯 yuzukyo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 19:48:16 CET 2014

Hi Ton and campbell,
    The IME support for windows Blender user in east asia are alway a
problem for most ten years, and users asked add this feature in many place
,and so many times they do  feature request in the tracker. And we all know
ton had words : let asia coder solver asia special problem. Now the patch
are here :   https://developer.blender.org/D765 but not be accept because
it's not solve all the paltform problem,  In China almost 99percent PC are
running on Windows,so why this patch are focus on this platform. Maybe the
Blender download static is the authority answer for the platform user used.
   It's very clear that we who use chinese windows system need this patch,
and linux users already have the IME support in blender.

    Why this patch is very import important for us who use non-lantin
system user, because we have the pain point on Windows IME support.We
deploy the Blender in our work, and we can't name the object and project in
our owe language via IME. if we choose blender in team work, it's means we
must face a fact that there are not every one are familiar with
english,most of them don't know the means which write in english. and if we
use another system like PINYIN to name our blend file , the PINYIN system
mostly like an one---many index thing. eg: I name a object use hebao in
PINYIN , via IME will be 荷包 合抱 核爆 喝饱 何宝 etc. the different meanings of the
PINYIN will make many trouble and reduce productive, this is why some team
works can't deploy blender in work in china. For these reason we crowdfund
and find Randon coded this patch, and we not rich, couldn't afford more
energy in much big thing now.

    If the Blender Fundation think this patch is not a perfact solution,
why not do it for most ten years? "we have no needs for this,and users are
not ask us do this" I think this is answer.
    yes, just make a WM function. and why Fundation did a quick implement
for this function? "we needs a stakeholder for this " answers maybe like
this.

    we now try to do something fit these ask and needs, don't push us
away,thanks.

    And this patch was testing well rencently and some of us use the test
build in their work because they like input their own language, and many of
us buy blendercloud and donate money for fundation for seeking the
fundation's shelter.
please don't treat this patch like a huge work to solve all the platform,we
who creat this patch haven't this ability, and fundation too.

A little suggestion : can we accept this patch for now ,then do a better
plan and make the all in one solution in GSOC or so. thanks a lot!

*sorry* for my bad english, this is why ten years I haven't mail blender
fundation, because bad english writing andd spelling will result in
misunderstanding, though communication is very important. But now this
patch will intruduce much more little *studio and artists* *seriously *use
Blender in china, so I'm speaking loudly. Hope you know this is very very
important for us and for Blender use in China. thanks.

--
裴雪柯
kidux  Blendercn.org