[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - November 2, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 2 17:15:53 CET 2014
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.
Wintertime has settled on the Northern Hemisphere, time for meeting is on 1500 UTC again.
1) Targets for 2.73
- Release planning and targets were updated in this meeting, please check!
- Bastien Montagne has a patch to compress shapekeys.
Needs reviews - mostly because it breaks reading new files with older versions.
- Split normal editing is back on review list, could be target still
- Where is Opensubdiv now? We still prefer to wait for Pixar to release 3.0, which will make an integrated OpenSubdiv much more useful.
- Not on release targets, but still possible is to add some of the viewport OpenGL project?
We'll hear more from Antony Ryakiotakis tomorrow.
- Chinese and other Asian complex character input feature deserves serious review for 2.73:
2) Other projects
- Blender Development Fund update:
- The NPR ('cartoon render') discussion is ongoing - we all would love to see improvements here, but can we do it in smaller steps?
Join the mailing list:
- Reports on progress from developers in the Gooseberry project will be done separately.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers