[Bf-committers] New Modifier : Morph Target

k k kkmlist at yandex.com
Tue May 27 17:20:08 CEST 2014

Juan

The idea is  a bit like displacement modifiier in the context of using with subdivision modifier. Instead of using a texture map for positions, we will use an actual higher res mesh to morph to. For example this can be very useful for animating a low res character then applying highres details from a mesh, instead of using a displacement maps. In that respect the results will be much more precise which can be effectively used for places where mesh precision is important (ie landscapes, character interaction) and the final look wont be an approximation like displacement would produce. I have not tried it but I do not think that we have vector displacements atm.

Pose space, sounds good :)

cheers