[Bf-committers] FCurve handle behavior (2.71 release)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 10:57:29 CEST 2014

Curve handle behavior has changed and introduces some problems simply
dragging key-frames.

For background on the topic see:
https://developer.blender.org/T40186

This is getting quite late in release cycle to be trying to fix with
new/improved ways to treat curve handles, so I think we should revert
the commit for 2.71 release.

>From my own testing the solution gives more problems then it fixes.
IMHO the old behavior for rotation is a little odd in some cases, but
not that bad: https://developer.blender.org/T38594

This patch goes back to the old behavior.
https://developer.blender.org/file/data/4osqc6bc2n7d2z73xggr/PHID-FILE-odxya4gtw33przg54eqk/test_2.diff

Joshua, we're doing test-build 2 today/tomorrow, is reverting OK with you?

--
- Campbell