[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes, May 25, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun May 25 17:03:25 CEST 2014
Here are the notes from today's 1600 CEST meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.71 release planning
- Test build was released yesterday, another one should be made mid next week.
A first release candidate build could then be announced after next week's meeting.
- Ton Roosendaal still has to establish a splash committee. Will be known in few days.
- Bug tracker still has too many open issues...
- Bastien Montagne points at huge and old list of patches that wait for reviews. Ton suggests to do a massive amnesty for patches after the release, provided the submitter is enthusiast and capable to be involved as part of a module team - responsible for maintaining his/her work and fixing bugs.
2) Google Summer of Code
- Not every student has submitted the weekly report. The Nurbs coder Jonathan deWerd (nick jjoonathan) reported he will do soon.
- All students (and mentors) should now work on refreshing and reconfirming their proposals for work. Get connected with the module teams and artist stakeholders too. If in doubt, just always involve the GSoC admins Campbell Barton or Ton Roosendaal.
3) Other projects
- Ton will post a report about the last week meetings in BI with developers.
- OpenSubdiv: Apple OSX refuses to mix OpenGL 4 with older OpenGL functions (= all of Blender). That means we cannot release GPU-based OpenSubdiv for Macs soon, but this is still under investigation. For Linux and Windows this isn't a problem.
- OpenSubdiv code now has runtime opencl/cuda detection (so it also links dynamically).
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers