[Bf-committers] Do drivers have to be blocked as python scripts?

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Fri May 23 17:57:31 CEST 2014

thanks for the reactions.
>From the proposed solution I think that most sane solution would be some
limitation for the one-line expressions, assumably all of those which Joshua
proposed.

Maybe there is a simple way to put all these limitations into a simple
string-checking operation, just check if expression does not have:

anything else but driver vars, operators, math functions(this might be the
complex part, to define what should be included in this.)...

I mean- rather check if there's what is allowed, then you don't have to care
what all should be forbidden, because that is everything else...

Of course, this can again lead to similar situation - an artist does
something not allowed, he is again stuck with not knowing what is wrong

(e.g. on the renderfarm), but I assume it would be much less cases. I cannot
currently imagine creative cases which would end like this.

Regards

Vilem