[Bf-committers] Do drivers have to be blocked as python scripts?

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Fri May 23 12:06:03 CEST 2014

Hello,
I realize how important is the security when .blend files are distributed,
but I thought, is there a way to exclude drivers from the relatively new
strict blocking mechanism?

To me as animator, it caused allready many problems.
Last is ruining several days of rendertime on a renderfarm which has scripts
blocked(as is by default!). Actually, it happened to me allready several
times- setting up renders, render nodes, and forgetting about some drivers
and the new feature.
I realized so far none of the crowd-render farms for blender don't support
scripts on (sheepit, burp). That it of course a logical choice.

So the idea is - can there be some check to determine if a driver is
actually a python script? If it's using any commands, and not only numerical
/ logical operators? And then, could such simple drivers be enabled?

It would really save my life very often. Now I have to write a script that
bakes all drivers before sending file to render farm...

Regards
Vilem