[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting, May 11, 2014

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 11 17:00:07 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Here are the notes from the today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.71 targets

- Planning is still the same:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Move to Python 3.4 is done now for all platforms.
  Sergey Sharybin checks on numpy for MSVC 2008 - might need to be compiled.

- Everyone will (should) be on bug tracker work now! At least check on the issues in your area.
Next week we will check on test builds.

- Splash: proposal is to appoint three judges again who will pick a splash (or held a contest, their choice). The judges/makers of previous splash usually appoint new judges.

- Note: discussions on FBX game character I/O is in the bf-gamedev list, also Epic Games is now involved actively on reviewing and help.

- We still need more FBX testers and people providing good reports and example files.

- FBX Docs:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/Autodesk_FBX

2) Other Projects

- Nathan Letwory has been hired by Rhino to work on Cycles integration, started working on c-api and c# wrapper now. First screenie: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=70926

- Next week: GSoC starts! Students: make sure you find our ways around on our lists and irc.

Thanks,

-Ton-