[Bf-committers] Visual Studio 2013 or 2008?

Jeffrey H italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Thu May 8 21:39:55 CEST 2014

We're in a transitional period at the moment. We will be switching over to
2013 for official builds while also keeping 2008 for the sake of legacy
support. You'll have to download the 2013 libs if you intend on using 2013
(check the repo with a repo browser to find the url). To build with CUDA,
you'll also need windows sdk 7.1 as described here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Juicyfruit/Cuda_windows

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM, John Alway <jalway at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I recently downloaded the Blender code base from SVN and compiled it.   I
> used VS 2008, because that what is recommended here:
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Windows
>
> But, I've noticed that VS 2013 is being used by some.   Is it recommended
> that 2013 be used?
>

> Thanks for any feedback!
> ...John

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover