[Bf-committers] Remove support for SCons configurations?

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Tue May 6 14:58:47 CEST 2014

BSD8 could go i guess, it's real ancient. others are to be merged at least
together. Would be fine with dropping bsd scons support if it's broken, but
if it's not broken tihnk it's rather fine to keep them in.

Linux cross could be a real PITA to fix, not sure it works atm for someone,
and also not sure it worth having actually. Fine with leaving it out.

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Since the topic of deprecating platforms came up recently, anyone
> against dropping support for...
>

> FreeBSD8 + Scons
> ./build_files/scons/config/freebsd8-config.py
>
> FreeBSD9 + Scons
> ./build_files/scons/config/freebsd9-config.py
>
> Linux/MinGW Cross Compiling
> ./build_files/scons/config/linuxcross-config.py
>

> As far as I can tell these aren't used. FreeBSD use CMake (and is at
> version 10 currently)
>
> Linux Cross Compiling used to work but has been broken for over a year
> without any fixes.
>
> --
> - Campbell

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin