[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes, May 4, 2014

Toni Alatalo toni at playsign.net
Mon May 5 02:25:59 CEST 2014

On 04 May 2014, at 17:50, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> - FBX testing - we need reference test files, especially for character+animation export from Blender to engines.

We have some skel animated animals if you need a set of rigs + anims (they all have multiple anims) for game use. Have been exported successfully (animations work) with ogre & three.js & collada (for gltf and tested with gltf’s ref viewer) exporters before. Have lightmaps & normalmaps too.

Can be simpler than what you are after for FBX tests though, just basic skel anim that works in Ogre too which was the original target a few years ago. But at least are not just human but all sorts of animals (deer, duck, osprey, crab, ..) with different rigs.

https://github.com/realXtend/chesapeakebay/tree/master/objects
The repo misses the license ATM but is all CC for non-commercial use so fine for this.

Notes / instructions about how the export to three.js works are in https://github.com/playsign/WebTundraGFX/wiki "Export from blender to three.js with skeleton animations” and such an export of the white tailed deer is live with webgl at http://playsign.tklapp.com:8000/WebTundraGFX/DeerDemo/ExportedShaderMaterial.html (use mouse wheel / scroll gesture to zoom).

> -Ton-

~Toni