[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes, May 4, 2014

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 4 16:50:16 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.71 release targets

- Freestyle textured strokes are in!
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Pkrime/TexturedStrokes

- Paint tools (GSoC last year) won't make it for 2.71, moves to 2.72 now.

- Cycles texture baking is in!
http://code.blender.org/index.php/2014/02/cycles-baking/

- Cycles moved to CUDA Toolkit 6.0, adds support for nVidia Maxwell cards

- Compositor cleanup is in too.

- That makes our release targets complete, and we can move to BCon3!
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects#2.7x_release_cycle

2) Other projects, Google Summer of Code

- All students have copied their proposals over to wiki:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2014

- Bastien Montagne will work on FBX armature/anim import for 2.72

- FBX testing - we need reference test files, especially for character+animation export from Blender to engines.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute