[Bf-committers] bake-cycles merged in master

Thomas Beck software at plasmasolutions.de
Sat May 3 13:05:55 CEST 2014

Hi Dalai,
as I wrote on several platforms now: Awesome work and incredibly useful for
my work! Will test that extensively in the coming weeks...

One thing is hindering my workflow though (generally, not Cycles baking
fault): You always have to select the image datablock in the UV/Image
editor whenever you want to see the baking result (because selecting a
texture node is not changing the associated texture automatically). I
disliked the functionality right from the start (I know Andrew, we
introduced it on your request)... but it is even more apparent now that we
have baking in trunk and need to select many objects one after another to
see the result. It would be much more clear to the user when we would
automatically change the UV/Image whenever we select an image texture node
- what is to be said against that? ... What do you guys think-should we
open up a UI topic for this on b.d.o?

Other than that - thanks so much for your work!
Many greetings, Thomas