[Bf-committers] bake-cycles merged in master

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sat May 3 12:45:28 CEST 2014

Dear all,
Just a note to say that the bake-cycles branch is fully merged in master.

I split the commits in 3 categories:
 1. Blender core new utility functions, independent of baking,
separate commits (BLI_, IMB_, ...).
 2. Bake API - generic API structure to be implemented by interested
external render engines
 3. Cycles Baking - Cycles implementation of baking, independent of Blender

Since I did a lot of squashing and I forgot to reset the date of the
commits,the emails in bf-cvs show them in a strange order. git log
shows them as intended, regardless of the commit timestamp, so we
should be fine.

I still need to include Cycles baking in the release logs for 2.72,
but the documentation is online:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Render/Cycles/Bake

If someone needs help to integrate an external engine (LuxRender, ...)
 with the Baking API let me know. The Cycles Baking commit [eec3eab]
should have all you need though.

For the records: 56d8aff 198f5e5 97641a0 3312b20 eec3eab :

* https://developer.blender.org/rB56d8aff
* https://developer.blender.org/rB198f5e5
* https://developer.blender.org/rB97641a0
* https://developer.blender.org/rB3312b20
* https://developer.blender.org/rBeec3eab

Thanks everyone for all the help, and thanks for the contributors of
Blender Development Fund. And let the tests begin.

[cross posted on bf-gamedev (tests/workflow/usability related replies)
and bf-committers (other Blender dev related replies)]

Best regards,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto