[Bf-committers] Building the latest trunk/master on Mac

Jens Verwiebe info at jensverwiebe.de
Fri May 2 10:30:50 CEST 2014

I have no time atm to look into it, her  just fast cmake setup:

Most convenient: use cmake gui and set up either

• WITH_OPENMP OFF or
• set compiler to "../lib/darwin9-universak/clang-omp/bin/clang" and clang++ acoordingly + WITH_OPENMP ON

or cmdline should be:

• -D WITH_OPENMP=OFF  or
• -D WITH_OPENMP=ON -D CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER="../lib/darwin9-universak/clang-omp/bin/clang++" -D -D CMAKE_C_COMPILER="../lib/darwin9-universak/clang-omp/bin/clang"

clang++ or clang for cxx is both o.k., clang handless both typers, clang++ just a shim to clang.

Jens

Am 02.05.2014 um 00:25 schrieb Varanda - CG Labs <cglabs at mail.com>:

> Thanks Campbell… I agree. however, the yesterday’s trunk fails to build in my Mac laptop with both settings: OpenMP on and OpenMP off.
> Now I am at home I can compare the settings between my Mac desktop with a build 2.69 which worked out-of-the-box with my laptop.
> BTW… that was the build I used to generate the patch for the Vertice Randomization T38317 that you have provide some guidance :-)
>
> The tweak in CMakeLists.txt was an attempt to follow Jens’s suggestions (along with the README).
>
> Hopefully comparing my machines I may figure out what is going on as both have the same 10.9.2 OSX.
>
> On May 1, 2014, at 5:54 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> @Varanda, setting WITH_OPENMP should disable OpenMP no matter what
>> configuration you build on.
>>
>> From searching CMakeLists.txt files, I can't see anywhere that would
>> enable this option, once disabled.
>>
>> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Varanda - CG Labs <cglabs at mail.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks Jens,
>>>
>>> It is not clear yet to me: shouldn’t turning off WITH_OPENMP in ccmake makes the build happy ?
>>> How can I override gcc in CMakeLists.txt to point to clang-imp? There is no visible ease line likes setting CC or CXX = ABC
>>>
>>> The closest definition regarding to the compiler there is:
>>>
>>>               if(${XCODE_VERSION} VERSION_EQUAL 4 OR ${XCODE_VERSION} VERSION_GREATER 4 AND ${XCODE_VERSION} VERSION_LESS 4.3)
>>>                       # Xcode 4 defaults to the Apple LLVM Compiler.
>>>                       # Override the default compiler selection because Blender only compiles with gcc up to xcode 4.2
>>>                       set(CMAKE_XCODE_ATTRIBUTE_GCC_VERSION "com.apple.compilers.llvmgcc42")
>>>                       message(STATUS "Setting compiler to: " ${CMAKE_XCODE_ATTRIBUTE_GCC_VERSION})
>>>               endif()
>>>
>>> I am not familiar with cmake though. Some more digested information would be very welcome.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot,
>>> Varanda

>> --
>> - Campbell