[Bf-committers] Fwd: Cloth simulation for a robot

fmart fmart at iri.upc.edu
Thu Mar 27 13:27:12 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make a cloth simulator for a robotic project using
blender. The idea is to have a piece of cloth and manipulate it using
some animated boxes as a robot end effectors. Afterwards, extract all
the information of the cloth (vertices and faces)

The main problem I come across is once the piece of cloth and a box
collide, to modify the state of the cloth, some parts of the cloth get
inside the box. This is a problem because it gives the impression that
the cloth sticks the end effector.

I've tried to tune all the cloth modifier parameters and also the
collision modifier parameters of the box (of course, stickiness = 0).
Besides, I've thought fill the box to make a solid object, but I think
this is not possible in blender.

Does anyone know why cloth can get inside objects when colliding? Or if
there is another way to manipulate cloth in blender?

Thank you for your time
Felip