[Bf-committers] Automated testing

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 05:26:22 CET 2014

Hi, nice  to see some interest, created a project for automated testing.

https://developer.blender.org/project/view/37/

To get the ball rolling, I've added a design topic and 2 TODO's

One of the TODO's is a fairly easy one if others want to get involved.

Feel free to comment or add design tasks/todo's.

Also add yourself to the project if you'd like to help.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 7:11 AM, Howard Trickey
<howard.trickey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be happy to join a testing team.
>
> - Howard
>

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Patrice Gmail <
> patrice.bertrand.eu at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> > Anyone interested in being apart of this?
>> Yes, I would be happy to help.
>>
>> I do agree with your approach of starting with a limited scope, making
>> it a mandatory step in every build, then extending.
>>
>> The current approach, based on python scripts, could go quite far into
>> all that's mesh related.   Not sure setting up an integration platform
>> is a necessary first step here.   At some point, a good image
>> comparision library would be needed.
>>
>> I might volunteer to build functionnal tests for all modifiers with
>> various use cases for example.

- Campbell