[Bf-committers] Processors Requirements for CYCLES

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 20:11:05 CET 2014

Could you try hand edit:
"intern/cycles/CMakeLists.txt" (lines 43 -> 47)

and remove any args containing "sse"

set(CYCLES_SSE2_KERNEL_FLAGS "-ffast-math -msse -msse2 -mfpmath=sse")
would become...
set(CYCLES_SSE2_KERNEL_FLAGS "-ffast-math")

This is a little annoying, since the files have their own ifdef's to
only have any effect when:
  (defined(i386) || defined(_M_IX86)

But we might have to have the build system check architecture here too.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 4:20 AM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> Blender and Cycles should also compile on non x86 computers.
>
> Please attach the full error log , compiler version, system info. Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas
>
> Am 25.03.2014 17:30, schrieb Jochen Schmitt:
>> Hello,
>>
>> due the try to build blender-2.70 on the Fedora build seerver, I have to find out
>> that the CYCLES features used compilter flags (relating to SSE) which was not
>> supported by ghe gcc compilter running on the armv7hl architecture.
>>
>> After I have disabled CYCLES on none-intel processors this issues was
>> gone. So I want to ask, wich processors requirement are needed to
>> use the CYCLES feature in blender for clarification.
>>
>> Best Regards:
>>
>> Jochen Schmitt

- Campbell