[Bf-committers] Gooseberry and UHD Rec.2020

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 20:54:17 CET 2014

Seeing as how we are hitting a compatibility breakage, I was wondering how
some of the remaining color issues might be tackled in preparation for
Gooseberry.

In particular:

1) Will Gooseberry target UHD and REC.2020? Has any consideration been
given to the color pipeline for the cross-studio boundaries etc?

2) Given the proliferation of 2020, should the remaining breaking points in
Blender be resolved for Gooseberry? In particular the color wheel being
broken and multi-head display would be worthy targets.

3) Would the BF be willing to see a cleanup of the OCIO config? Namely to
cleanup the sRGB transforms and make them primaries adjusted, as well as
clean up the legacy ACES elements for referencing the ToS content. In the
latter, perhaps making the transform clearer that they are not ACES
transforms, but rather customs etc?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this given the looming context of
Gooseberry?

With respect,
TJS