[Bf-committers] GSoC 2014 Aspirant: Implementation of a Pyramid Primitive in Blender

Tamungang Brian tbrian001 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 10:40:00 CET 2014

Hi,
Thanks to Greg Zaal and Gaia for their wonderful suggestions in
response to my GSoC proposition.

Greg suggested the creation of the pyramid primitive as an addon
because it will have niche users.
Gaia suggested the addition of preset buttons to mesh primitive operators.

While thinking deeply about it, I tried to rank these two according to
level of utility. I think Gaia's suggestion benefits everyone and so
is more utilitarian. So I'm developing my GSoC proposal in that
direction.
In addition, I have not found a way to accurately create mesh
primitives; say I wanted a plane of a particular surface area, or
sphere of a particular radius. I would like to give users the power to
do that for the mesh primitives, finetune the way they use primitives
in Blender. I think many professional will find this useful.
Based on this, I would like to know where exactly the code for
primitives exit in the source. I also need a doc that explains Blender
UI and where its code resides because I will add a window from which
those specifics could be input.

Suggetions are welcome.
Cheers.
Brian.