[Bf-committers] GHOST EGL Support

Wander Lairson Costa wander.lairson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:14:41 CET 2014

> I think we can integrate the changes to Ghost that are in viewport-fx after
> they have been reviewed and ported to X Windows and OSX.
>
> I factored context management into its own class GHOST_Context so that
> different GHOST_Window implementations can share context types (egl in the
> first case) and use different context types (egl and wgl in the first case)
>
> I also did a lot of rewriting of the windows context creation process to
> make the whole process of getting an extended context more clear.
>

> I'd like to set a deadline for having a patch ready to review based on how
> busy any potential reviewers are and how soon we could move to get this
> integrated.
>
> I'd wait until I had things ported to the other OSes but I'd like the
> design of the windows version looked at before I tackle the rest.

Hi Jason,

I was recently giving a look at your work because there are a lot of
things there which I believe will be necessary for the wayland port.

I haven't had time to work on it for the last months, but I am planing
to come to it in a few weeks, and getting your branch merged would
make things a lot easier for me. Of course I will have to re-factor my
code to take vantage of GHOST_Context.

--
Best Regards,
Wander Lairson Costa