[Bf-committers] Markerless facial motion tracking proposal. GSOC 2014

Sameera Nilupul nilupul.10 at cse.mrt.ac.lk
Mon Mar 17 09:02:02 CET 2014

Hi,

Thank you for replying. My first draft of the proposal is not that
detailed. I'm currently editing it. I will send the new one soon.

Anyway, my idea is to develop an Addon which capture users face in real
time and track points shown in the following image.
http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC584330.png

There is also a commercial product available having all the features. And
this costs around $1500 per year. Please take a look at the following video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24qUFDdZAG8

This Addon works as described in the way below.

   1. As the first step set of bones will be created inside blender. Then
   user has to place those bones in the model and do a basic rig.
   2. Then using the tracked points addon will move bones in real time. So
   user can see animated character in real time.
   3. Then user can select and save each animation part. ( As example,
   opening mouth, closing eyes, etc... ).
   4. If the user wants, he or she can save the raw data as a bvh. ( this
   is only a small part ).

Anyway I will prepare a detailed report soon and send it. Thank you very
much for replying.

~ best regards.