[Bf-committers] Markerless facial motion tracking proposal. GSOC 2014

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 18:30:48 CET 2014

Hey,

Think facial tracking might be interesting topic, but there's a huge issue
with your current proposal.

Namely it's not really clear how and what for Blender users will use the
addon you're gonna to implement. From your proposal i understand that you
see Blender as some system which is only used to acquire the data and save
it some format. It'll be much better would if you develop an addon which
would make Blender users happy with new tools available for their usage and
so on.

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Sameera Nilupul
<nilupul.10 at cse.mrt.ac.lk>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm Sameera Nilupul and currently a 3rd year undergraduate at University of
> Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I'm interested in taking part in Blender for GSOC
> 2014. I'm hoping to work on a "Markerless facial motion tracking Addon". I
> have written a brief proposal regarding my idea for GSOC this year. You can
> find the proposal from the following link.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc58waw6pj8g98d/GSOC2014Proposal.pdf
>
> I haven't submitted this proposal to google-melange yet. Please let me know
> if you have any comments or improvements regarding this idea so I can
> improve this proposal.
>
> ~Thank you.
> Sameera Nilupul.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin