[Bf-committers] Compositor proposal

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Mon Mar 10 23:11:21 CET 2014

Hi Jeroen and Monique,

Admittedly I am not very familiar with scene compositing at all, but reading this proposal (specifically P2.2) reminded me of a problem I found some time ago. Sorry if this is off-topic, but it seemed related. The scenario:

- Render an image.
- Rotate the image.
- Perform some operations (distort comes to mind).
- Rotate the image back.

Because the image got cut off outside the original bounds of the render resolution after rotating, there are now missing parts in the image's corners.

To me P2.2 seemed to address this at first, but I was put off by the following sentence: "Render layers and images are scaled to match the chosen
resolution."

Again I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place/ time to bring this up, but just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers,
Patrick