[Bf-committers] Prospective GSoC student (Elijah Voigt)

Elijah Caine homeworkbad at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 21:19:10 CET 2014

Hello Blender Foundation Committers,

I am currently looking into applying to Blender for the Google Summer of
Code and would love some advice to improve my Application.

I have been using Blender since I was 12 years of age, I am currently 18
and in my first year attending Oregon State University studying Computer
Science. I have used Blender for personal projects, taught it at my school,
and have loved it very much. Until recently I have not had the means nor
the a reason to delve into the code for Blender, but have always wanted to.

I have not contributed to the project yet but am interested in doing so. I
recently forked the code successfully got it to compile after following the
tutorial on the wiki. I have also looked at the 'Ideas' page for GSOC and
am interested in working with Modifiers (Specifically the Solidify idea) or
the Game Engine, because I have little experience in that area and want to
learn more.

I have some experience with both C/C++ as well as Python, so contributing
to this project would require me to learn some new tools but not any new
languages.

I have looked at the issues page for ways to help but have not yet been
able to contribute code.

Blender has affected my life greatly and I want to contribute to the
project. Any pre-application advice you could give me would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Elijah

Website (Includes portfolio and resume):
people.oregonstate.edu/~voigte

irc.freenode.net Nick:
pop_n_fresh