[Bf-committers] GSoC 14 Project

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 04:56:24 CET 2014

Hi Sean,

I have checked that link, and yes, the large proportion of functionality
present there is available in some form (specifically, try combining Grease
Pencil sketches in the 3D or Image Editors with the relevant mode in the
Dopesheet, and with the relevant panels open (to adjust
layers/colours/etc.) and all of the basic functionality necessary is
present). Sure, we can't exactly have bitmap fills in the current system,
but then again, that's starting to encroach on simply being a full-blown 2D
animation tool for final output. In that case, a dedicated tool is probably
better suited to the job.

>From the context provided in the original mail, it sounds to me like
Greeshma was more interested in the basic case - sketching for motion
planning - than the full-blown sketch-based 2D animation tool. (Greeshma:
Correct me if I'm wrong about this :)

Regards,
Joshua