[Bf-committers] Convert "Bone Color Sets" to a bit more generic "Color Sets"

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:40:56 CET 2014

Hi,

As the original developer of this stuff, I should probably comment on this
:)

1) That makes sense (if/when there's something that needs this).  +1 from me

2a) Adding editable names is probably ok, and is something I've
contemplated once before. This wasn't done originally to save on memory,
since it wasn't likely to get used. Besides, this was in the 2.4x days,
when most things just weren't so extendable/customisable :)

2b) As for changing the ordering, that's likely to create some backwards
compat issues. Admittedly, the current order "evolved" - since there were
originally something like 5 or so colour sets defined initially, and then I
added a few more which seemed to work ok.

3) For bone groups, it is already possible to specify a custom color set on
a per-group basis.

Sure, being able to dynamically add new custom colour sets on the fly is
fancy and all, but is that really needed? From what I've seen so far, most
of the time, it seems that hardly any users actually use all the available
colour sets now anyway, and that if really necessary, they could possibly
just repurpose the blank ones now (and even some of the existing one if
things get desperate).