[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code - proposal hints

Kévin Dietrich kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org
Sun Mar 2 23:33:40 CET 2014

Hi Piotr,

The simple todo list is quite up-to-date afaik, but you can take a look
at https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/34/ [5] for simple
tasks.

I wish you the best in your programming career.

Regards,

Kévin.

Le 2014-03-02 22:55, Piotrek Chwała a écrit :

> Hello Blender Developers!
>
> Since Blender Foundation is accepted as Google Summer of Code 2014
> organization, I would love to take part in this event and help Blender to
> be the best. For now, I'm at the stage where I have compiled blender
> sources and I'm reading the code. As your developer wiki advise, I will
> look for some quick and simple todos to get myself familiar with the code
> base (side question: is
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Simple_Todossite [1]
> up-to-date? If not, where can I find simple todos?).
>
> On March 10 students applications will start and, as I understand, I will
> need to submit my proposal. I was considering doing something with Video
> Editor, but as I can see, "This is not a typical beginner project though".
> In this case I'm curious what is your opinion about most suitable project
> for me. Take into consideration that I have just begun blender development.
>
> My short bio:
> I was playing with blender in my youth for 6 years (2004-2009) (some of my
> works: http://hfaua.hostei.com/portfolio/gcng/1.jpg [2]
> http://hfaua.hostei.com/portfolio/dworek/1.jpg [3]). Then I started to focus
> mostly on programming and improving my algorithmic skills. Now I'm 21 and
> since 2012 I'm studying Computer Science at AGH University of Science and
> Technology in Krakow, Poland. Since may 2013 I'm also working as C++
> Software Developer at X-Formation (we're making security and licensing
> software).
>
> TL;DR; I'm a student, C++ developer and blender lover. I would like to take
> part in GSoC 2014. I have little experience with blender code base (will
> improve shortly!). What would be the best project for me to submit in GSoC
> proposal to maximize value for community and possibility of completing on
> time? :-)
>
> P.S. My apologies if this is not suitable place for posting such questions.

Links:
------
[1]
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Todo/Simple_Todossite