[Bf-committers] Proposed change for (not) rendering with missing links

Daniel Salazar - patazstudio.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 00:56:52 CET 2014

Hi there, recently we lost about 24 hours of rendering time because a
texture was missing in some computer. And we can't rely on the famous
purple color to notice this errors, in this case it was a subtle hair
length texture or it could be another type of data like linking from
other blends.

I want to propose we change the renderer behavior to refuse rendering
if there's a missing link. At the very least this should be
implemented by default in background mode, with an optional parameter
to ignore missing textures.

kind regards,

Daniel Salazar
patazstudio.com