[Bf-committers] Design considerations for data handling in the depsgraph

Fazekas László mneko at freemail.hu
Tue Jun 17 21:25:36 CEST 2014

Just from outside, but I'd like to ask this:

today I met something interesting in the bugs section. There was a
calculation to get one object's derivedmesh on a sub-frame time position
between two frames. The goal was to calculate this fast, without
involving independent objects of the scene. Calculating a random time
point is not easy because of the "current frame" concept...

Let's imagine I'm calculating something for the current frame, but
during this, some nodes on the depsgraph needs data from different
timeline points.

How the new depsgraph solves this situation? With a "child" depsgraph?
What parts are shared? What happens if different nodes access the same
time point? How to minimize calculation time and memory size?

I hope these are useful questions somehow.
Laszlo Fazekas