[Bf-committers] Blender 2.71 RC2 AHOY!

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 14:08:44 CEST 2014

Hi,

Some crucial fixes has been done and we're to do RC2 now.

This time we'll try another strategy of AHOY to avoid re-tagging (Git
doesn't really like re-tagging). So the idea is to build from the branch
and once we know RC2 is built all fine we'll do a tag and drop the branch.

That's not much changed for the platform maintainers, here's the info:

- branch: blender-v2.71-rc2
- submodules stays at rc1 tag since they're not changed.

Magic commands:

$ git pull
$ git checkout blender-v2.71-rc2
$ git submodule update --recursive

Run `git submodule` and make sure addons/locales points to v2.71-rc1 tag.

Once you're done with the build, do

$ git checkout master  #  in order to get back to normal development
$ git branch -D blender-v2.71-rc2  # in order to get rid of local copy of
the release branch. It's totally harmless if branch stays locally, just
might annoy you a bit.

Use the following name: blender-2.71-RC2-<platform>

Windows builds usually had "windows{32,64}", so would suggest sticking to
this naming actually.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin