[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes - June 15, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 15 17:40:16 CEST 2014
Here are the notes for today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) 2.71, first release candidate
- A mistake in a last-minute-fix makes Blender RC1 crash on bone selecting.
RC2 goes out tomorrow around noon EU daytime.
- Many more good bug reports came in, a RC3 is likely to be happening too - within a week.
- Things still went too sloppy with the release... we need a more formally appointed release coordinator, who can assist everyone with planning/support/documentation - and who can handle all the leftover bits self. Ton Roosendaal will check on recruiting someone for this job.
2) Other projects
- It is BCon1 now again - new projects can start and we check on what the possible release target projects are.
- Work on Dependency Graph continues - a proposal or review discussion with be organized by Lukas Toenne.
- Opensubdiv work by Sergey Sharybin is still on target for a Siggraph presentation (in 2 months).
- Brecht van Lommel accepted a job at Solid Angle, to work on Arnold render.
He will not be able to further work on Cycles features, but he's available for reviews and support to other Cycles coders here.
- With Brecht less active, Ton suggests to add Pablo Vazquez (active user) and Antonis Ryakiotakis (as coder) to the UI Module team. This could speedup reviewing and proposals.
- Compositor: Sergey Sharybin will wrap up work on blur speedup (using SSE, OpenCL)
- Tamito Kajiyama: he has enough Freestyle work for many more months of coding. He will connect with Blender Foundation about it.
- Stereo3d is still possible as target. Dalai Felinto can contact BF about support as well.
- Bastien Montagne checks on editing vertex normals in Blender. He'll know within a few weeks whether that's a feasible 2.72 target.
3) Google Summer of Code
- Midterm submission and reviewing is already starting in 8 days. It's very early this year, some students only started recently. No projects seem to be in a danger zone though.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers