[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes, June 8, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 8 17:27:32 CEST 2014
Here are the notes from today's 1600 CEST meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Blender 2.71 release
- Planning: we're now going to BCon4, release of a first Release Candidate is imminent, but might take 3-4 days or even longer.
- Sergey Sharybin: two regressions were assigned to him, he will look into that. One is related to the switch from MSVC 2008 to 2013 (where OpenMP threading differs). This makes Blender factors slower for Windows users...
- Bug tracker: open issues is down to 150. Not too bad.
- Dalai Felinto: Cage Baking now has a better implementation:
Meeting agreed this should go to 'master' as soon as possible, but it also would require thorough testing. Any baking fans out there who can help? Connect with Dalai!
- Campbell Barton will be working on a visual 'auto test' page on blender.org, which will display a grid of images which each represent a .blend file (renders, opengl views). If files crash it will show, but also a way to inspect stats, and see if it differs from the disired outcome.
- Splash Committee - Dalai Felinto, Bastien Montagne, Mitchell Stokes - picked an awesome splash! Nobody will see this until it gets committed, as usual the last commit for a release.
2) Google Summer of Code
- Jonathan deWerd made a Nurbs Tesselator overview:
We have to make decisions on design a.s.a.p. - help reviewing his work!
- Jason Wilkins is getting momentum, and will present his final plan soon. It's a huge project, and he doesn't want to promise what can't be delivered. Everyone agrees it's too important to fail that way. Proposal for Midterm/Final deliverables will be presented soon.
- All students were required to be in IRC since last week, at least some hours of every day they they work. This to improve interaction and get more people involved with them.
3) Other projects
- Antonis Ryakiotakis is almost done with the C code for pie menus. Patch will be readay for 'master' as soon as the release has been out.
- Ongoing iscussion: when will Blender support c++11?
- Gooseberry Pilot development plans: a report was posted on the http://gooseberry.blender.org blog.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers