[Bf-committers] Do drivers have to be blocked as python scripts?

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Fri Jun 6 18:16:22 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Daniel Salazar - patazstudio.com <

><i> That sounds like a VM to me?
</i>><i> Daniel Salazar
</i>><i> patazstudio.com
</i>><i>
</i>><i>
</i>><i> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Dahlia Trimble <<a href='http://lists.blender.org/mailman/listinfo/bf-committers'>dahliatrimble at gmail.com</a>>
</i>><i> wrote:
</i>><i> > Rather than trying to sandbox python or limit functionality, why not just
</i>><i> > sandbox the environment blender is running in? One could set up a render
</i>><i> > server which clones a previously set up user with all the necessary
</i>><i> > software installed in the user's path and setroot it so it can't touch
</i>><i> > anything outside of it's home directory. Any render scripts could do
</i>><i> > whatever they want and when finished, the user could be archived or
</i>><i> > deleted. No need to worry about any malicious scripts because if they
</i>><i> mess
</i>><i> > anything up it would only be in the temporary user's space and it would
</i>><i> be
</i>><i> > deleted once the job is finished.
</i>><i> > On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:17 PM, Daniel Salazar - patazstudio.com <