[Bf-committers] BLENDER_VERSION_CHAR

IRIE Shinsuke irieshinsuke at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Jun 5 00:27:25 CEST 2014

> Because we started 2.71 release cycles in master when we've released 2.70a.

That's curious. The 2.71 release cycle has already started when v2.70-rc
tag was created:

https://developer.blender.org/rBe097c987a8a55f2eb09c19ceac923e7c32e19d89

As far as I remember, BLENDER_VERSION and BLENDER_VERSION_CHAR have been
used for indicating latest release version. When 2.68a was released, the
version char was indeed bumped to "a", and changed again to "" for 2.69
release:

https://developer.blender.org/rBd9b0f660c9e49b13abc212270c0e8a366a2a096f
https://developer.blender.org/rBdfe16105041292a1fc7ee29d825c25135a4f6a3c

We have another macro BLENDER_VERSION_CYCLE to indicate the release cycle.

> What's the issue anyway?

If BLENDER_VERSION or BLENDER_VERSION_CHAR is not update properly,
I have to specify package version of my own deb packages manually...

IRIE Shinsuke