[Bf-committers] unit testing

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:12:26 CEST 2014

Hi Josh,

Suggest try build blender and run some of tests (enable WITH_GTEST
option). they should all pass, just checked.

There is a project for automated testing with basic info on tests, see:
  https://developer.blender.org/tag/automated_testing/

Here are 2 TODO's, which would be a good starting point since the
tests are already setup, but without such good coverage.

https://developer.blender.org/T41252 - BLI_path_util_test.cc
https://developer.blender.org/T41253 - BLI_math_geom_test.cc (polygon tests)

We also have Python tests which have the advantage that you can work
on them without building Blender.
https://developer.blender.org/T39451 - mathutils py module.

In replying to this mail I realize we don't have good docs on how to
run tests, so I added some brief info to the automated-tests project
page.
*(Sergey - correct me if I'm wrong!)

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Josh Stratton
<strattonbrazil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Reading the wiki it says the unit tests for blender are somewhat
>  lacking. Is that something I could help contribute work on? Also, I
>  don't see a repo link in the getting started section. Is it just the
>  hit repo in the downloads section?

- Campbell