[Bf-committers] bundling RNA API headers with Blender?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jul 26 11:11:56 CEST 2014

Hi,

Plugins is really a last resort, when nothing else works. It will make Blender more instable, harder to fix, and it will become even more confusing to support Blender well on blender.org.

We already have enough work to keep Python work well in Blender (you know the cursing when even one little API feature changes). Where Python is too slow, we can check on ways to add api calls there that does massive data IO more efficiently.

Best would be that the Lux/Mitsuba/Yafaray but also Vray/Octane render integrators join forces and make sure we have a common and well supported extension API in blender.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute