[Bf-committers] Proposal: 2D handler for Compositor

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jul 26 10:58:43 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I prefer to see a generic widget/handler toolkit for use cases like this.
Also the fcurve editor, action editor, image editor, sequence editor can use 2d widgets.

The implementation should be following the normal UI widget code as much as possible, context driven, with handlers in the window queues etc.

Same I suggested long ago for the 3d manipulator in the viewport, which is actually also a generic screenspace '2d' widget. Opening manipulator widgets up to define them more flexibly in a UI would save a lot of button typing and can ease the work a lot. (lamp spots, bone controls, camera lens, etc).

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute