[Bf-committers] bundling RNA API headers with Blender?

Esteban Tovagliari ramenhdr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 21:42:03 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've been experimenting with the RNA API in an hybrid
Python - C++ addon for blender, to access Blender's
data structures from C++, just like cycles does.

The results so far have been interesting.
But I had to extract some of the headers from my blender build
and some others from blender's source code and there are also
a few dependencies on blender internal headers (I think they can
be easily solved) and some macros that would need renaming.

I think that removing the dependencies and bundling the headers
with Blender, for example inside an include directory, would be very
useful for many kind of addons, like renderer integration, optimizations,

As a bonus, if python headers and a static python lib could be bundled too,
it would be relatively easy to use the API.

Is there any plan to do it?
Would you accept patches in that direction?

Thanks!

Est.