[Bf-committers] Making test builds for WIP projects.
montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 25 14:28:25 CEST 2014
Hi fellow devs,
This week we set up a way to make test builds on the buildbots (meaning
you get release-like archives, easy to distribute! :) ).
Here are the steps to follow:
* Checkout the 'testbuild' branch, apply your code to it (probably by
reseting it to master and then squash-merging in your own work);
* Push your changes on remote repo;
* Go to one of the buildbot's builders' page (e.g.
https://builder.blender.org/builders/linux_glibc211_x86_64_scons) - note
you'll need to do that for all platforms you want to build on.
* Select 'testbuild' instead of 'master' in the branch dropdown, and
force the build.
* Note you can also force a given revision, can be handy as it means you
can still build your work even if someone has overriden it in testbuild
* Download your testbuild as soon as it is finished! It will be replaced
by the next test build (for a given builder).
Quite obviously, let's try not to abuse the feature! :)
More information about the Bf-committers