[Bf-committers] [Bf-gamedev] game engine scenegraph: design, review and questions

brita britalmeida at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:57:33 CEST 2014

I am not discussing the uses of the slow parent :)
Thank you for the example Ortiz, and I am interested in seeing you logic
setup Jacob.

What I mean is that these types of constraints should be in another, more
flexible, place.
This for the user, the feature is currently quite hidden and not very
flexible, and for the Scene Graph.

I don't think that technically the slow parent should be on the scenegraph
along with parent/child transforms. I think that it should have a
controller, in the physics or the logic, that is able to calculate the
motion more accurately and also other types of motion constraints, such as
a spring based one.

I am in touch with Dalai and also with Mitchell and Daniel Stokes, if they
have anything to add to the discussion, they'll say so.

--
Inês Almeida