[Bf-committers] Suggestion for a Smarter Crop Node

- LEON - leon4you at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 07:49:10 CEST 2014

When using Crop node, there are some cases that users may want to just
remove the unwanted margin, and crop nodes can do that for sure. However,
the values for Left/Right/Up/Down are not very easy to decide accurately,
which means, either do it in externally, or try many times to get the nice
values. So, I may have a rough idea on this:

For example, this is a manual way to crop off the unwanted margin in the
image:
​​​​​​​
 s1.png
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ojv5B6Lb-3YmtfMTFfbWwtYmM/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
Probably we could make it a bit "smarter" to decide values by guessing the
first (or last?) non-zero alpha pixel towards all four directions, so that
will make the workflow much more effective, something like this:
​
 s2.png
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ojv5B6Lb-3R0tLcUxzeDZrSVE/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
Below are other examples:
​
 s3.png
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ojv5B6Lb-3dkNKb2tJX0NoWGs/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
 s4.png
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1ojv5B6Lb-3VENVWlpobDdxOE0/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
It can also be very useful when stretching / fitting needed during
composition. Just a very rough idea, and thanks for your attention.

--
Leon Cheung
a.k.a. Zhang Yu | 老猫