[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - July 20, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 20 18:00:37 CEST 2014
Here are the notes for today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:
1) Projects for upcoming 2.72 release
- Reminder of the planning:
- FBX: most of this is in master now, only animation import will be added still.
- Cycles render for freestyle - some discussion happened on what the use case or priority was. Ton Roosendaal asked Tamito Kajiyama to make sure on the NPR list that the targets he works on are sufficiently supported.
2) Google Summer of Code
- It's now the last weeks of GSoC, students should be able to present working code by now or very soon (as in, usable for artists). Consider to make videos!
- Fluid project still has link issues. No actual development results can be shown yet.
- NURBS project works on the tesselator still, with support for trim curves being worked on.
- GE bug fixing goes quite well (130 reports closed since beginning of GSoC). Ines Almeida wanted to know if the fixes could go from her branch to master. Meeting thinks so, provided the GE team agrees.
3) Other projects
- Bastien Montagne: making progress with custom split normals, now have working import + preview + render + store in .blend + editing with modifier code.
- OpenSubdiv: work on textures and normal mapping progressing well.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers